Welcome to Varoom & Associates – specialists in Mentoring, Coaching and Teaching High tech enterprise skills to University students, Entrepreneurs and early stage start-ups in the South West.
We have decades of start-up, fund raising, business development & technology marketing experience in high-technology markets and skills across the board in defining, marketing and implementing business strategies.
- With over 30 years in technology marketing and senior management, over 20 years at Director level in addition to worldwide experience gained from living and working abroad.
- In my early years I created a start up company specializing in computer aided test systems.
- Since 2001 have been a mentor for budding entrepreneurs in the South West and an Entrepreneur in Residence in SETsquared Bristol since early 2007.
- Delivering Enterprise skills courses at the University of Bristol to
- 1st and 4th year Computer Science undergraduates,
- 1st year Phds in the EEng faculty
- 2nd year Maths Enterprise course (delivered by Varoom associate)
- 2nd Year Robotics Phds in the Bristol Robotics Labs
- My blog allows me to capture the advice I give whilst mentoring and offer it for the benefit of others.
- Of course these blog opinions are my own and there are many ways to develop business and marketing plans in order to be successful
- And they are anonymous
- Through my roles as Non-Executive Director in High Tech early stage companies, currently Non-Executive Chair at Folium Optics Ltd, helps keep my mentoring advice current.
- Why Varoom as a name? Well its the noise made when you rev a sports car engine just before you drop the clutch and speed off!
- Hopefully I can help with the speeding part!